2019 How Is A Phone Case Made?
We have previously written an article on How To Choose A Custom Phone Case where we introduced the various materials of the phone case, such as Silicone, PC, TPU, Leather Case, etc., as well as the additional functions of the phone cover like 360-degree Rings/Kickstands, Card Slots, support for Car Holders, etc, the article shows users the types of mobile phone cases we produce in graphic form, helping them choose the one that suits them.
In response to the needs of some of our wholesale customers, we intend to write an article about how the mobile phone case is produced to help our clients better understand the various processes and production processes of the mobile phone covers.
In this article, we are going to introduce how TPU/PC/Combo Phone Cases are made since they are the most common products, occupying 90% of the smartphone case market.
We know there are many brands of mobile phones, iPhone, Samsung, Huawei, Vivo, Oppo, Motorola, LG, etc. Before producing a mobile phone case, a complete set of molds is needed according to different mobile phone models, if it is simple TPU/PC phone case, there is only one set of molds, if it is Combo phone case, then there are two sets of molds, divided into TPU and PC.
Now let's see how our phone cases have been produced, here we go~
1. Making a mold for the case. Normally the mold will be different according to the different style and different model.
2. After the mold is finished, then will use this mold for producing. Put the mold into the injection molding machine to produce.
This kind of machine can produce 5000-20000pcs each day according to different material and models.
After we have finished the molds and made the original phone cases, we want to customize our phone cases, the following content we are going to show you some of the common processes of mobile phone covers.
1. Printing: It's one of the most popular processes we use in our phone cases, simply print images/patterns onto the covers. There are different ways to make it: simple printing, 3D relief printing, UV varnish printing, etc, and the costs are variable. It makes 2,000-5,000pcs cases in one day by one printing machine.
(Simple Printing) (3D Relief Printing) (UV Varnish Shiny Printing)
2. Painting: There are two ways to make painting process, one is by manual, the other is automatically processed by machine. It can produce around 5,000pcs phone cases in one day by manual while 20,000pcs-50,000pcs by machine.
(Painted by manual) (Painted by machine) (Painted by machine)
3. Electroplating: It is an electrochemical process that deposits a thin layer of metal on a phone case. Electroplating phone cases help avoid corrosion and give them a hard surface with an attractive decorative finish.
4. Waterslide Decal Design: Water slide decals (or slip decals) are water-mounted decals generally printed face up and rely on the dextrose corn sugar residue from the decal paper to bond the decal transfer to a surface.
5. IMD: In-mold decoration, a piece of plastic paper processed onto a phone case, it's a built-in design that will never be like printing cases on which the printed patterns may be damaged by scratching.
6. Leather Case: By doing this process, the surface of a phone case needs to be grooved so can stick the leather piece into it.
7. Glue: We use a special glue to spare on/into a phone case with/without being grooved.
8. Liquid: Liquid case is usually made of TPU material with liquid sand and small decorations inside, which is one time as thickness as a normal phone case, liquid is poured in the case and use a piece of hard shell to cover it.
Above are some of the most common and popluar processes for phone covers, we believe there are many other ways to make a pretty mobile phone case but what we mentioned only for reference, helping you understand how a phone case is made and what kind of processes we have in the market.
You are welcomed to visit our website https://www.il-mobile.com to find the phone cases you like or for further cooperation.